Siri - Senior Language Technologies R&D Scientist/Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri Speech team at Apple. The Siri team is looking for exceptionally skilled and creative Engineers/Scientists eager to get involved in hands-on work improving the Siri experience by applying deep machine learning.
- Expertise in key language technologies, such as speech recognition, machine translation or natural language understanding
- Experience in deep machine learning and related toolkits, e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch and Dynet, etc.
- Ability to design and implement experiments using scripting languages , e.g. Python, Lua, Perl, bash scripting, etc.
- C/C++ programming knowledge preferred
- Experience working with standard NLP toolkits preferred, e.g. Kaldi, Moses, SRILM, RNNLM, etc.
You will be a part of a team that's responsible for a wide variety of language technologies related research and development activities. Your focus will be on applying deep learning to natural language processing tasks, such as language modelling, word segmentation, end-to-end speech recognition, etc. Our research typically relies on very large quantities of data and state-of-the-art methods in deep learning to tackle real world problems, at scale. You should therefore be passionate about creating phenomenal products that are used by millions of people. Because you'll be working closely with scientists and engineers from a number of other teams at Apple, you’re a team player who thrives in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
Education & Experience
M.S. or PhD in Computer Science or related field