Siri - Senior Machine Translation R&D Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Build groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, data, and artificial intelligence. Work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri Speech team at Apple.
- Expertise in key language technologies including machine translation or natural language processing
- Proven background in machine learning and deep learning including neural machine translation, sequence-to-sequence models, etc.
- Hands-on experience with deep learning toolkits including Tensorflow, PyTorch, CNTK, Dynet, etc.
- Ability to formulate a research problem, design, experiment and implement solutions in C/C++/Java, Python/Perl, bash scripting, etc.
- Experience working with standard MT/NLP toolkits preferred, e.g. Moses, SRILM, Marian, T2T, Sockeye, FairSeq, etc.
- Design and deployment of real-world, large-scale, user-facing MT systems preferred
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
You will take part in the next revolution of confluence between machine translation and human-computer interaction. Build significant impact in shipping machine translation technology to real-world users. Enable our users to seamlessly communicate without language barriers or access content in a foreign language through intuitive interfaces. Tackle practical problems related to mainstream adoption of MT including core technology, learning from user feedback, error recovery and user-interface design. We are looking for people who have a deep real passion for technology and collaborate with a team of researchers, engineers and designers towards making it available in the hands of millions of dedicated customers
Education & Experience
M.S. or PhD in Computer Science or related field