Senior Ruby, Full Stack Software Engineer - Maps and Services Infrastructure
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps is front and center on hundreds of millions of devices, and the Maps Infrastructure team designs and builds the platforms that power them all. We’re looking for exceptional engineers that live at the intersection of development, operations, data, and systems engineering to build solutions for large-scale continuous data transformation and delivery.
- 7+ years developing large scale applications using Ruby on Rails.
- Proven ability to design, build and maintain large-scale applications and systems.
- Ability to develop innovative new applications, in addition to debugging and refactoring
- existing code.
- Experience with common libraries such as RSpec and Resque.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases (ie Postgresql and Redis).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. Git, or SVN), and their use in a CI/CD.
- Understanding of scalable distributed systems like Docker, Kubernetes, Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra, and /or Solr.
- Experience writing clear, well defined APIs.
- Proficient in shell scripting.
- Basic familiarity with networking systems, load balancers, and TCP/IP network constructs.
- Knowledge of performance and reliability monitoring strategies.
- Excellent communication and the ability to articulate design strategies across a variety of
- Willingness to collaborate with peers both internal and across Maps.
We build the tools and infrastructure that delivers Apple Maps to users. Success means performance, reliability, visibility, repeatability, and customer satisfaction. Our applications interact with and control complex distributed systems and very large data sets while providing interfaces, processes, and workflows that abstract complexity away for our users. Since we provide core infrastructure solutions for the whole organization, you will have the opportunity to interact with nearly every other Maps Team here at Apple. Our customers are Apple Maps users, but also internal developers, operations teams, and feature owners.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience