Americas Business Intelligence Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The Americas Business Intelligence team is looking for an exceptional manager with a proven record of leading a team of business analysts. The successful candidate will have a very strong leadership background, be able to quickly adapt to a changing environment and interact with a broad customer base with diverse needs and functional responsibilities. In this role, you must be capable of exerting strong, influential leadership and have an unyielding ownership and accountability to produce quality results in a challenging atmosphere. You should be able to navigate and execute in an environment of ambiguity and lead cross-functional teams in the successful delivery of business critical data and information used throughout the organization to drive the business.
- Demonstrated experience leading complex analyses in a matrix environment
- Proven data driven decision making skills with the ability to drive actions with the leadership team
- Assess, synthesize and analyze data to understand business needs and make valuable contributions by providing adhoc statistical analysis
- Motivate and guide team to actively participate in prototyping quick hitting solutions for our functional partners
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Passionate about reporting and analytics in an Operations environment
- Avoid proliferation of reporting solutions through life cycle management of all solutions and play an active role in influencing business partners to sunset/decommission applications in due time
- Partner with global functional teams and maintain strong support for regional functional teams
- Effectively manage stakeholders, subject matter experts, executives and other internal groups through effective communication
- Align with WW, regional Business Intelligence and decision support teams to share best practices, increase visibility to projects, develop talent and avoid redundant efforts.
- Key success metrics are speed of execution in fulfilling the reporting needs of the business, transforming the business using advanced analytics and ensuring scalable solutions are implemented in a timely manner with a global focus.
- 8-10 yrs managerial experience in Supply Chain related functions with a focus on data analysis & reporting, business intelligence and decision support
- Strong leadership background with strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills - Extensive experience with SAS, Business Objects, Tableau, Teradata, SAP, mySQL, Advanced Excel, Simulation and Optimization tools is a must have - An understanding of the components and considerations required when building corporate data management systems (e.g. key architecture components, security, scalability etc.) - Analytical capabilities needed to synthesize large amounts of data into a clear story and/or assess business process improvement opportunities. - Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to communicate at all organizational levels, especially to an executive audience - Strong customer service mentality with excellent change management skills - Ability to operate in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment - Ability to maintain poise and a positive attitude in a challenging environment - Understanding of data warehousing concepts and data modeling is preferred - Eye for business with ability to achieve results in an ambiguous, matrixed environment is a must have - Flexibility and ability to accept change with a positive attitude
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, CIS/MIS, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Math/ Statistics or related discipline - MBA / MS desired; any discipline focused on Operations management, Business Intelligence/MSIS, Data Analytics, Supply chain management