Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. And the same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
- You love rolling up sleeves and working in the lab
- Comfortable working with prototype hardware, dev boards
- Able to design PCBs for prototyping, develop software for data collection and basic interaction, and build rapid prototypes
- Proficient with soldering, assembly, tear downs
- Strong skills with scripting, logging, command line utils, embedded linux
- Good mindset for debugging at HW or SW level, knows how to approach a debugging task
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, able to clearly write up a report from lab findings
- iOS app development experience a plus
- Passion for technologies and pushing boundaries of system performance
- Resourceful, ability to pull together materials and software to make things work
- You are a self-starter and can work independently
Apple is seeking a versatile, ambitious, and self-motivated prototyping engineer to help prove out solutions for our new products. The successful candidate will work with a combination of off-the-shelf and Apple-developed hardware and software to build systems for lab testing and experimentation, and to develop key demos for informing cross-functional teams and leadership. Key results from this work will result in an improved customer experience. In order for you to succeed in this role, you should have a wide breath and understanding in many key technology areas including: audio, sensors, touch, haptics, wireless, displays, and cameras, and a passion for building, analyzing, and learning in new areas. This role requires you to be able to quickly build functional prototypes including the electrical, mechanical, and software components.
Education & Experience
BSEE/CS or equivalent experience