Loading Dock Team Member
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Our Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services team supports all activities in the Santa Clara Valley. As a Loading Dock Team Member, you will follow departmental procedures, schedule deliveries, assign loading docks for incoming deliveries, coordinate traffic flow and provide excellent customer service.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a loading dock, warehouse, mail facility or similar experience
- Material handling skills, including ability to use motorized and manual equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
- Requires a valid driver license and at least 25 years of age in compliance with fleet insurance requirements.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the following: Scheduling or calendar software, Logistics tracking software, Experience with BearTracks is a plus, Database software, Experience with FileMaker Pro is a plus, Numbers or Excel, and Pages or Word.
- Able to perform the following types of physical activities: Lift up to 50 pounds, Push/pull to move equipment, Bend/stoop/squat/kneel, and Reach above shoulders.
- Behaves with a sense of urgency. Remains engaged and bought in on the department's mission and goals.
- Adopts and promotes Apple’s values and policies.
- Extraordinary customer service and communication skills.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- A dedicated teammate and problem solver who digs into the details to make positive contributions. Works across all levels and shows curiosity.
- Works well in high pressure situations and maintains composure and integrity. Exercises good judgement.
- Inventive and adaptable to changing needs.
• Adheres to best practices for incoming and outgoing deliveries, including strict check-in/check-out processes. • Creates reservations using scheduling software and inputs additional information about deliveries upon arrival. • Stops vehicles before entering loading dock to verify delivery reservation information and confirm driver identity. • Coordinates with dock staff to assign a loading dock for each delivery, and maintains safe traffic flows. • Assists with the delivery of materials from the loading dock to campus locations and follows check-out procedures when drivers depart facility. • Communicates quickly and efficiently with staff and customers. Quickly responds to emails, texts and phone calls in order to provide a high standard of service to customers and colleagues. • Open to performing in all loading dock-related roles and to learning new skills • Cross-trained to support other Shipping, Receiving, and Mail Services activities. • Remains flexible and prepared for changes to the schedule, including working early mornings, evenings or weekends. • Maintains a clean and safe work area.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.