Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Our Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services team supports all activities in the Santa Clara Valley. As a Route Driver, you will follow strict procedures for handling product, packages, and mail, process incoming and outgoing deliveries, drive a route, and deliver packages.
- 3+ years of experience working in a mail facility or similar background.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the following: Scheduling or calendar software, Logistics tracking software, experience with BearTracks is a plus, Database software, experience with FileMaker Pro is a plus, Numbers or Excel, and Pages or Word.
- Believes in excellent customer service skills at all levels.
- Effective organizational, communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Possess material handling skills, including ability to use motorized and manual equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
- Requires a valid driver license, and at least 25 years of age to follow fleet insurance requirements.
- Able to perform the following types of physical activities: Lift up to 50 pounds, Push/pull to move equipment, bend/stoop/squat/kneel and reach above shoulders.
- Desired background and experience working in a warehouse or loading dock environment, with exposure to varied weather conditions.
• Unloads deliveries from carriers and vendors, sorts material in the warehouse, loads delivery trucks, and enters tracking information into BearTracks. • Drives a delivery route and delivers mail and packages to various locations in the Santa Clara Valley. • Stocks mailrooms with shipping supplies and tidies mailrooms. • Proactively and effectively communicates with staff and customers. Quickly responds to emails, texts and phone calls in order to provide a high standard of service to customers and colleagues. • Works well under pressure in an ever-changing dynamic environment and maintains self-composure and integrity. Exercises good judgement. Able to work cross functionally and handle ambiguity. • Acts as a versatile teammate by performing tasks in all Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services roles in order to learn and develop new skills. • Remains open and flexible to accommodate for changes to the schedule, including working early mornings, evenings or weekends.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.