Route Driver Floater
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you bring your passion and dedication to your job, there's no telling what you could accomplish. Our Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services team supports all activities in the Santa Clara Valley. As a Route Driver Floater, you will follow strict procedures for handling product, packages, and mail, process incoming and outgoing deliveries, drive a route, and deliver packages.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a mail facility or similar experience.
- Possess material handling skills, including ability to use motorized and manual equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
- Requires a valid driver license and be at least 25 years of age to follow fleet insurance requirements.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the following: Scheduling or calendar software, Logistics tracking software, Experience with BearTracks is a plus, Database software, Experience with FileMaker Pro is a plus, Numbers or Excel, and Pages or Word.
- Able to perform the following types of physical activities: Lift up to 50 pounds, Push/pull to move equipment, Bend/stoop/squat/kneel, and Reach above shoulders.
- Desired background and experience working in a warehouse or loading dock environment, with exposure to varied weather conditions.
- Behaves with a sense of urgency every single day. Remains engaged and bought in on the department's mission and goals.
- Adopts and promotes Apple’s values and policies.
- Showcases strong customer service and communication skills at all levels
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Problem solver who digs into the details to make positive contributions. Works collaboratively across all levels and has a sense of curiosity.
- Resourceful and adaptable to changing needs.
• Unloads deliveries from carriers and vendors, sorts material in the warehouse, loads delivery trucks, and enters tracking information into BearTracks. • Drives delivery routes and delivers mail and packages to various locations in the Santa Clara Valley. • Provides coverage for different Route Drivers. Routes will change from day-to-day, depending on the needs of the department. • Stocks mailrooms with shipping supplies and tidies mailrooms. • Proactively communicates with staff and customers. Quickly responds to emails, texts and phone calls in order to provide a high standard of service to customers and colleagues. • Works well under pressure and maintains self-composure and integrity. Exercises good judgement. • Acts as a great teammate. Remains open to performing in all Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services roles and learns new skills. • Remains flexible and prepared for changes to the schedule, including working early mornings, evenings or weekends. • Maintains a clean and safe work area.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent