Freight Team Member
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Our Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services team supports all activities in the Santa Clara Valley. As a Freight Team Member, you will follow departmental procedures for handling freight deliveries, respond to incoming questions and requests in a timely manner, and work collaboratively with the team.
- 3 + years’ experience working in a fast-paced mail facility or warehouse environment.
- Requires a valid driver license and be at least 25 years of age to follow fleet insurance requirements in order to drive box trucks.
- Prior experience driving a forklift and prior forklift certification.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the following: Scheduling or calendar software, Logistics tracking software, Experience with BearTracks is a plus, Database software, Experience with FileMaker Pro is a plus, Numbers or Excel, and Pages or Word.
- Able to perform the following types of physical activities: Lift up to 50 pounds, Push/pull to move equipment, Bend/stoop/squat/kneel, and Reach above shoulders.
- Desired background and experience working in a warehouse or loading dock environment, with exposure to varied weather conditions
- Behaves with a sense of urgency every single day. Remains engaged and bought in on the mission and goals of the department.
- Adopts and promotes Apple’s values and policies.
- Believes in excellent customer service skills at all levels.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Problem solver who digs into the details to make positive contributions. Works collaboratively across all levels and has a sense of curiosity.
- Works well under pressure, maintains composure, and exercises good judgement.
- Resourceful and adaptable to changing needs.
• Works with the Freight team to unload, stage and process incoming freight. • Operates a forklift to stage freight in the warehouse. • Maintains diligent awareness of details to ensure discrepancies do not occur during any phase of the freight process (receiving, staging or delivery), and enters precise information into BearTracks. • Assists the Freight Coordinator with scheduling, as needed. Follows through to ensure deadlines are met. • Assists with freight deliveries, when needed. This includes driving box trucks, operating pallet jacks, loading/unloading freight, etc. • Proactively and effectively communicates with staff and customers. Quickly responds to emails, texts and phone calls in order to provide a high standard of service to customers and colleagues. • Completes other duties, as assigned. Acts as a great teammate. Remains open to performing in all Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services roles and learns new skills. • Remains flexible and prepared for changes to the schedule, including working early mornings, evenings or weekends. • Maintains a clean and safe work area.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.