Secured Logistics Team Member
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This role will support the Secured Logistics team within Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services in the Santa Clara Valley. As a Secured Logistics Team Member, you will follow departmental procedures for handling product, packages, and freight, process incoming and outgoing deliveries, track packages, drive a delivery route, and deliver materials.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a mail facility, warehouse or similar experience.
- Possess material handling skills, including ability to use motorized and manual equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
- Requires a valid driver license and be at least 25 years of age to follow fleet insurance requirements in order to drive box trucks.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the following: Scheduling or calendar software, Logistics tracking software, Experience with BearTracks is a plus, Database software, Experience with FileMaker Pro is a plus, Numbers or Excel, and Pages or Word.
- Able to perform the following types of physical activities: Lift up to 50 pounds, Push/pull to move equipment, Bend/stoop/squat/kneel, and Reach above shoulders.
- Desired background and experience working in a warehouse or loading dock environment, with exposure to varied weather conditions.
- Behaves with a sense of urgency every single day. Remains engaged and bought in on the mission and goals of the department.
- Adopts and promotes Apple’s values and policies.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Problem solver who digs into the details to make positive contributions. Works collaboratively across all levels and has a sense of curiosity.
- Works well under pressure in an ever-changing dynamic environment and maintains self-composure and integrity. Exercises good judgement. Able to work cross functionally and handle ambiguity.
- Resourceful and adaptable to changing needs.
• Unloads/loads freight deliveries, palletizes outgoing freights, tracks information into BearTracks or other databases, and sorts/stages deliveries. • Drives a delivery route and delivers freight and materials to various locations in the Santa Clara Valley. • Proactively and effectively communicates with staff and customers. Quickly responds to emails, texts and phone calls in order to provide a high standard of service to customers and colleagues. • Acts as a great teammate. Remains open to performing in all Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services roles and learning new skills. • Remains flexible and prepared for changes to the schedule, including working early mornings, evenings or weekends. • Maintains a clean and safe work area.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.