Engineering Manager, Apps and Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. The Ad Platforms engineering team is seeking an experienced manager to lead the applications & services team. The team is directly responsible for systems that are used by thousands of advertisers, publishers and developers and has high visibility in the mobile advertising space.
- 3-5 years of relevant management or leadership experience building scalable micro services and data driven products at consumer scale.
- Experience leading multiple concurrent projects and willingness and ability to be hands on when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively interact with both business and engineering.
- Strong technical skills on building scalable and resilient API based applications and services.
- Expertise in object oriented software development and web based applications. Prior experience in full stack development preferred.
- A good understanding of scalable distributed systems like Cassandra, Kafka, spark in the context of enabling event driven micro services.
- Solid understanding of data structures, data modeling and schema design.
- Strong ability to learn new technologies.
- Extraordinary technical leadership skills, proven experience architecting, developing and deploying internet-scale, distributed and critical services.
- Results oriented and deadline driven, a desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
- Prior experience in advertising industry is a huge plus.
In this role you will drive the strategy, development, execution of the advertising platform and API’s. You will: - Build and lead a team of exceptional engineers adept at building distributed microservices and compelling user interfaces. - Drive the Technical Vision for the platform. Evaluate architecture choices on an ongoing basis, in anticipation of increased scale and ever-evolving technology to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business. - Define and execute the roadmap by collaborating with partners in Product, Design and Operations - Collaborate with the product and business solutions team to engage with developers and partners to enable API based integrations.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required Master's degree preferred - 8+ years of hands-on experience building web applications and infrastructure. Experience working in a Service Oriented or Microservices architecture preferred.