Sr Engineering Manager, Advertising Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. The Ad Platforms engineering team is seeking an experienced manager to lead their Attribution & API integrations team. The team is directly responsible for systems that are used by thousands of advertisers, publishers and developers and has high visibility in the mobile advertising space.
- 5-8 years of relevant management or leadership experience building scalable micro services and data driven products at consumer scale.
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience. Hands-on experience building web applications and infrastructure.. Experience with OOD and object oriented languages.
- A good understanding of scalable distributed systems like Cassandra, Kafka, spark in the context of enabling event driven micro services.
- Strong technical skills on the building scalable and resilient API based applications and services.
- Experience leading multiple concurrent projects and willingness and ability to be hands on when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to effectively interact with both business and engineering.
- Extraordinary technical leadership skills, proven experience architecting, developing and deploying internet-scale, distributed and critical services.
- Results oriented and deadline driven, a desire to work in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Advertising industry experience is a huge plus.
- Prior experience with full stack development desired.
- Real passion for leading, mentoring and developing junior team members.
In this role you will drive the strategy, development, execution of the advertising platform and API’s. - Build and lead a team of exceptional engineers adept at building distributed micro services external APIs for partner integration. - Drive the Technical Vision for the platform. Evaluate architecture choices on an ongoing basis, in anticipation of increased scale and ever-evolving technology to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business. - Define and execute the roadmap by collaborating with partners in Product, Design and Operations. - Collaborate with the product and business solutions team to engage with developers and partners to enable API based integrations. - Hire and develop engineering talent on the team.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required Master's degree preferred.