Silicon Validation Software Engineer: Video Encoder/Compression Validation
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Are you passionate about changing the world? We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly. You will be working with a team of expert C programmers on system level validation (correctness, performance, and debugging) of video compression sub-systems in silicon.
- Knowledge of H264 & MPEG4 video standards.
- Experience with hardware compression engines.
- Strong software skills in C/C++
- Embedded software experience.
- Device driver experience a plus.
- You will develop low-level software to validate functionality, conformance, and performance of video compression blocks. - You will bring-up and debug devices on new hardware platforms. - You will work with multi-functional teams to support product requirements.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / Ph.D in EE or CS is required