ML Researcher - Health, AI Research
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
AI Research team is seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of ML Researcher in Health. Our team pursues research & development in the areas of machine learning (ML) with a focus on Deep Learning (DL), Biomedical Engineering, Signal processing, Statistics, optimization, and Reinforcement Learning (RL). As a member of the team, you will work on some of the most challenging technical problems, develop new ML solutions that will impact future Apple products, and collaborate with the best product teams to integrate your ideas into products. In addition, you will engage with the academic community by publishing your innovative research, and speaking at conferences and events.
- PhD with one or more focus areas in Biomedical Engineering, Signal Processing, Computer Science or Machine learning
- Demonstrated track record of building ML solutions for large scale time-series datasets.
- Hands-on expertise with deep learning approaches in the health domain
- Strong publication record demonstrating innovative research
- Good presentation and writing skills
- Experienced in Python, experience in C/C++ is a plus
- Knowledge of common ML frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch etc.)
- Expected to perform well in a fast-paced environment, to execute on the tasks assigned, and explore independently new innovative ideas that can improve and transform the product experience of Apple customers
- Be able to deliver ML technologies aligned with the core values of Apple, ensuring the highest standards of quality, scientific rigor, innovation, and respect for user privacy.
- Experience with clinical trials is a plus.
- Experience with image and multimodal datasets is a plus.
You will research and develop innovative ML strategies for challenging problems that will affect future Apple products. You will collaborate with broader teams across Apple to transfer AI/ML solutions. You will have opportunities to provide technical mentorship and guidance, prepare technical reports for publication and conference talks. You are self-motivated, excellent problem solver, and a fast learner. You are quick to forge relationships and comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have strong programming skills with tried experience crafting, prototyping, and delivering advanced algorithmic solutions.
Education & Experience
PhD or Masters degree in Machine Learning, Robotics, Computer Science, or related areas.
- Build end to end machine learning systems on large scale clinical data.
- Research novel deep model architectures, read papers, implement and deploy them.
- Publish research in top-tier technical conferences and journals
- Build models from inception to launch: exploratory models, feature engineering, deep model architectures, tuning, and model interpretation.
- Work with latest ML techniques, including tools like TensorFlow, TensorFlow, PyTorch and other ML libraries.
- Communicate technical results with, and contribute new ideas to, a collaborative and cross-functional team.