AMP Software Engineer - Media Processing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Media Products is looking for a Software Engineer to support its fast-paced growth. From our roots revolutionizing the music industry, the iTunes Store has grown to encompass not only music, but also TV, movies, the iOS App Store, the Mac App Store, audiobooks, e-books, and more. All of this content requires a world-class, large-scale, automated content ingestion system and digital asset repository, in order to be efficiently delivered from content providers and prepared for distribution to customers. This is a rare opportunity to join the Apple Media Products Engineering team. In many ways, AMP is the beating heart at the center of Apple’s product offerings. Very few teams have the breadth of involvement in Apple’s product pipeline across the board as that exercised by this team.
- Proficiency implementing software in Java and/or other JVM languages
- Experience with managing and manipulating digital media content formats, particularly audio and video
- Experience with large-scale server-side systems and service-oriented architectures
- Proficiency with large-scale & distributed data stores, relational data modeling and SQL (e.g. Cassandra, Redis)
- Familiarity with messaging, queuing, and workflow systems (e.g. Kafka)
You will participate in designing and implementing systems for managing the digital media content submitted to the iTunes Store. You will implement automation to facilitate and streamline the processing of large volumes of incoming content across various content types supported by the iTunes Store. You will implement support for ingestion and management of content to support new customer-facing features of the iTunes Store. You will build APIs and services to vend content to customer-facing storefront applications.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative and up-beat attitude