Global Supply Manager- Soft Goods
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple is in the process of recruiting individuals to join our Soft Goods Materials Global Supply Management team. The soft goods materials global supply management team is responsible for the sourcing, manufacturing development execution, and production of Apple's differentiated and unique materials including leather, adhesives and textiles. Part of Apple's core business is the creation and development of our world-class industrial designs and as such, the management of the supply chains is required to be equally unique, innovative and specialized.
- These areas of expertise are beneficial however, the primary selection criteria will be accomplished individuals who have demonstrated an attention to achieving excellence in whatever field they have chosen.
- 1) Cross functional support: with Apple's industrial design, product development and operations teams
- 2) Technology Development Management: evaluation and development of new technologies using new materials, finishes, and processes.
- 3) Supply chain management: identification, development, negotiation and management of developing Apple soft goods materials suppliers. There is a strong global supply base, which requires travel
- 4) Build Support: on site management of materials and final assembly partners to manage the development builds, risk mitigation and ramp
- 5) Cost: development, negotiation and execution of a part and assembly cost strategy. An understanding of materials manufacturing processes/ techniques is important to better evaluate supplier capabilities and opportunities for Apple
- 6) On-time-delivery : schedule, capacity and supply planning to meet Apple’s production demand
- 7) Risk Mitigation: evaluation of technical and business risks using data based analysis and developing sound risk mitigation alternatives
- 8) Program Management: the ability to manage all of the above tasks and personnel resources
- We are looking for individuals who are good communicators, capable of working in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives. The appropriate candidate will have a Masters and work experience (5+ years) commensurate with the job description outlined above.
Due to the importance of this discipline in the definition of Apple's brand, this business group must be able to innovate not only our products, but also the very business processes by which we accomplish our objectives. The complicated balance between the need to achieve ground breaking products and business execution that creates challenges that drive processes that require a bridge from engineering risk to manufacturing capability to business needs. Apple is continuing to grow in our product offerings and volume. This growth will present opportunity to select individuals who have demonstrated aggressive innovative thinking in their career development. The ideal individuals will have an advanced educational and career path with a focus on new product development and launch, program management, manufacturing practices/techniques, supply chain, logistics and business.
Education & Experience
BSME or BSIE, or equivalent. MBA a plus.
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.