App Store Technical Solution Manager
Seoul, Seoul-si, Korea (Republic of)
Software and Services
Apple's App Store is the world's largest and most innovative software store, serving more than half a billion customers every week. Since the App Store launched in 2008, it has changed the way we all live, enabling countless new companies, spawning new industries and creating millions of jobs. It’s also paid out over $100 billion to developers around the world, rewarding millions of developers for their hard work and creativity. But we believe we’re just getting started. We are seeking a talented, highly motivated and results-oriented individual to drive App Store Commerce Operations and support the growth of Korea market. As a key member on App Store Operations team, you will be responsible for supporting commerce related strategic projects and initiatives to enhance developer experience, drive feature adoption, and guide developers towards best technical solutions. This role collaborates extensively with cross-functional teams like Engineering, Business Management, Marketing, Program Management, and Developer Relations. Areas of focus include app management, commerce and subscriptions feature implementation, and customer support.
- Skilled at helping developers identify, navigate and overcome technical or systematic complexities to drive adoption of new technology.
- Proven ability to evangelize new products, and features.
- Speak fluidly to influence technical and non-technical decision makers
- Excellent written, communication, and facilitation skills, with a focus on translating business requirements into technical solutions. Proven presentation experience.
- Experience managing and developing external relationships.
- Experience with cross-functional projects and communication.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and work in a fast paced, pressured environment. Work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Previous iOS development experience a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of all aspects of e-commerce ecosystem/platform including its inherent risks (e.g. fraud, payments, subscriptions), issues (e.g. low conversion) a plus
- Ability to speak fluent Korean and English language.
Engineering Collaboration Know your market and your product. Provide feedback to product teams to ensure tool and platform roadmaps are aligned with and include elements requested by developers. Work cross-functionally to prioritize product requirements by communicating developer needs and impact. Understand production and customer support processes and service levels related to developer and customer facing issues. Identify, document and manage process for minor enhancements and bug fixes. Internally, you will work as technical resource for a cross-functional group including Apple’s Worldwide Developer Relations, Worldwide Product Marketing, App Store Engineering teams. Attend Engineering design reviews and project meetings for new features, as needed across time zones. Review product specifications, designs, meeting notes, tickets, action items. Be an assertive and vocal advocate for the App Store in you market, helping to ensure local developers can take advantage of our feature offering. Launch Readiness Track launch release schedule and ensure all needed materials are technically accurate and ready to support developers at launch (guides, FAQs, support staff, etc).. Partner with internal teams on launch briefings related to technical implementation of App Store features. Developer Experience Collaborate with teams to create announcements for developers about new features and programs. Provide in-person support to key developers involved in App Store launches as needed, building and then leveraging strong relationships with said developers. Benchmark the tools and capabilities available to developers for other platforms. Solicit feedback from the local developer community and specific strategic developers. Evaluate success of commerce features via metrics and social listening. Present findings to App Store Management and Engineering teams.
Education & Experience
- Candidate should expect to travel to California 3 - 4 times per year, with each trip lasting a minimum of one week. The timing of travel is critical and based on business needs.
- Candidate should expect to travel and meet with developers within the region on regular basis.