Senior Software Engineer: Maps Infrastructure
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Working on Maps involves a set of problems related to optimizing process, tools and Infrastructure for management of large data sets. Our deployment platform is taking the next step, and you have a chance be an essential part of the journey in developing this new platform. The platform will be key in reducing cycle time, reducing complexity in production deployments, as well as enabling a frictionless developer experience.
- You have proven ability to deliver and challenge the status quo.
- You possess ability to communicate effectively, and work collaboratively, with the team and the broader organization.
- Your strong experience in Golang, Python, Java or Ruby will be critical.
- You also have strong understanding of containers, deployment systems, and container management platforms, preferably Kubernetes.
- Deep understanding of UNIX/Linux, preferably RedHat derivatives.
- Merited Experience:
- Mesos, Docker Swarm, Marathon.
- ScaleIO, glusterFS, Ceph.
- K8s CRDs.
- Helm, Istio.
We are looking for a professional engineer, who loves getting their hands dirty in code, while designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large software systems. It will require a deep knowledge of services architecture as well as container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes, Mesos or Docker swarm. To be successful in this role, you will need to excel at working together with internal partners and customers to collaboratively build the right solution.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS/PHD or relevant industry experience.