Siri - Tech Lead Manager, Sports
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The team at Apple doesn't just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Siri lives at the intersection of high scale and leading edge technology. Each of Siri's billions of weekly requests need to be understood, parsed, and executed in real time covering a scope of thousands of features in more than 30 locales on every Apple device category. On the Siri Sports team, we transform the way people keep up with their favorite sports.
- 8+ years of overall industry experience with 4+ building and leading a team of high-performing software engineers
- Leadership skills necessary to build, manage, and develop a team around a unified vision
- Ability to create and execute on a multi-year technical and product feature roadmap
- Experience architecting large scale systems
- Communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
- In-depth development experience with server-side languages and web services
- Encyclopedic knowledge of sports — and wish that Siri did as well
The Siri team is looking for someone with a combination of strong technical skills, a desire to build exceptional customer features, and a deep love of sports. In this position, you will play a key role in the overall success of Siri by hiring, designing and managing product engineering functions related to Siri’s knowledge of all things sports related while also acting as a lead engineer, tackling meaningful engineering problems. This includes maintaining the existing sports domain, available on iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS and HomePod, while also developing a priority and data informed roadmap of new intents and customer facing features. Specific Responsibilities Include: • Architecting designs for features and software systems • Providing technical leadership to the team • Implementing natural language interactions and work flow that provide intelligent user assistance for sports related customer features • Integrating live service providers using web services • Working with our platform team to define infrastructure interfaces • Working with design and client-side teams to ensure a great user experience • Mentoring other team members
Education & Experience
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- • Experience integrating data and services from multiple providers
- • Experience with AI technologies including natural language processing and machine learning
- • In-depth, hands on experience with Java and related technologies
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Join the Siri team at Apple.