Software Engineer, Apple Watch - Communication Apps Team
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Does the idea of building apps that touch millions of end-users every day appeal to you? As a software engineer on the communication apps team, you will be contributing to key applications and experiences including Messages, Phone, SOS and more. You’ll work closely with the UI design, watchOS Frameworks, and QA teams to enable communication across the globe. You will join a hands-on development team that champions creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence.
- You have solid Cocoa and Objective-C coding ability
- Consistent record of completing projects on-time and to specification
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You have experience in optimizing applications and profiling throughout the stack
- Professional experience with at least one application framework
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Fantastic attention to detail
- Experience with communication apps or protocols a plus
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
As an Apple Watch software engineer you will have responsibilities related to the design and development of app software, including: - We collaborate closely with the design team to bring creative ideas to life. - We create solutions tailored to the constraints of the software and the hardware of a small, low power device. - We develop features with well-designed solutions that can stand the test of time. - We coordinate with the quality assurance teams to ensure full test coverage as well as to initiate focused testing on critical components.
Education & Experience
BS CE/CS or equivalent experience required.