Display Image Processing Algorithms Architect - Platform Architecture
San Diego, California, United States
Do you love working on state-of-the-art technologies? Are you a forward-thinking and love solving technological and architectural challenges? At Apple, our Platform Architecture team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering perfection, creativity, and innovation. In this highly visible role, you will work with display and SOC architects, SOC RTL design and verification teams, and display technology teams to support the developments of the SOC display architectures across Apple’s iOS products. Join this team, and you’ll collaborate with engineers across Apple to develop algorithms, architectures that help build the seamless technology experiences we’re known for worldwide. In this role, you will be developing state-of-the-art algorithms for video and display processing and will be collaborating with architecture, design and software to enable the algorithm to be implemented in hardware.
- You should be a good problem solver and proficient in the following:
- Ability to abstract various video and image processing problems mathematically and develop new algorithms that are competitive with the state-of-the-art.
- Ability to prototype algorithms in C/C++ and Matlab.
- Deep knowledge of digital signal processing and its applications to image processing.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work across various groups.
- Willingness to learn new concepts and develop skills in hardware architecture and modeling.
As a Display Image Processing Algorithms Architect being responsible for the algorithms design, you will have responsibilities spanning various aspects of the design of related IP, including: - Develop and evaluate best-in-class Image Processing algorithms - Setup and maintain lab equipment as well as image and video test suites to perform subjective and objective quality evaluations - Work with chip architecture team and software teams to map algorithms into well-defined architectures that can be implemented in software and/or hardware - Generate architecture test vectors for hardware/software validation - Develop tools that may be useful for image quality assessment
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science