Senior Analog Layout Lead
San Diego, California, United States
As a member of Apple’s Analog Mixed-Signal layout team, you will be working on the newest technology nodes to build world-class custom analog macros, IO's, etc. This is a dynamic work environment with endless learning opportunities working in the AMS design team with members of integration, CAD, circuit and technology engineering. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking and especially hardworking Senior Analog Layout Designer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day.
- 10+ years of experience in analog/mixed-signal layout design of deep submicron CMOS circuits and at least 3+ years of recent experience on advance nodes including FinFET technologies,
- Experience with and knowledge of analog/mixed-signal IP (e.g., SERDES PHY, transmitter and receiver, PLL, DDR PHY, ADCs, DACs, LDOs, etc.)
- Experience leading complex layout macros during the full design cycle from floorplan analysis to completion of physical design verification
- Great understanding of CAD flows and tools related to analog/mixed-signal layout design
- Experience crafting well-matched, low noise, and low power analog blocks consisting of transistors, resistors, capacitors, pad IO's, ESD structures, etc.
- High level of proficiency in custom and standard cell-based floor-planning and hierarchical layout assembly
- Must understand issues of IR drop, RC delay, electro-migration, self-heating and coupling capacitance
- Must recognize failure prone circuit and layout structures, have experience with analog and DFM standard methodologies, and enthusiastically work with circuit designer for the best approach to problems
- High level of proficiency in interpretation of CALIBRE DRC, ERC, LVS, etc., reports
- Knowledge of CADENCE or MENTOR GRAPHICS layout tools.
- Scripting skills in Perl, Python or SKILL are considered a plus, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with multi-functional teams
As lead of the AMS layout team you will be in a highly visible role, where your responsibility will be to deliver PDV clean layout, this includes the following: You will lead layout team in completing complex layout for analog/mixed-signal circuits in deep submicron CMOS technologies. Working with management and the circuit design team to plan/schedule work and negotiate any layout trade-offs as needed. You will also work closely with CAD team to improve layout flows. Day to day talks will include; Reviewing and analyzing floor-plans and complex circuits with circuit designers, Running complete set of design verification tools available on AMS blocks, Interpreting LVS, DRC and ERC reports to find the fastest way to complete layout. You will work closely to exceed engineering specifications and expectations by working closely with the circuit design team and utilize advanced CAD tools and mask design knowledge to deliver correct and robust layout that meet stringent matching performance, area and power requirements.
Education & Experience
BS Degree, MSEE or equivalent. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.