Big Data Full Stack Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Interactive Media Group at Apple is looking for a highly motivated full stack engineer. You'll be a critical part of a team focused on providing end-to-end infrastructure, tools, and applications to help Apple Engineers working on media related features like video streaming, audio streaming, FaceTime, and similar software better understand how their software performs on all of our Apple device types in various real-life situations. You must enjoy the excitement of rapid development, lean planning, tight deadlines, and interacting with other high energy teams. You'll be asked to improve and build new software that allows teams to access data through REST API and GUI to visualize/apply advance analytics. You should possess proven software development skills, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- You have practical experience with REST
- It is helpful if you have experience with Gateway API
- It is helpful if you have experience with Big Data technologies i.e. Spark, Kafka, Hadoop
- You have a deep understanding or confirmed track-record of multi-thread system software design & development
- You have a deep understanding of Test Driven Development
- You are passionate about using data to improve software
- You have an ability to work in a Lean/Agile like environment
- You are highly motivated, and a disciplined, go-getter
In this role, you will be responsible for providing REST API for data accessing, rich GUI for data visualization/analytics and helping to maintain our build infrastructure. Previous experience writing and maintaining software applications, unit tests, functional tests, and integration tests. You have solid analytical skills and debugging experience. In addition to application development, you will be responsible for providing design mentorship, technical support, and engineering expertise to teams across the Software organization using your software.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in CS or equivalent work history