Full Stack Engineer, AMP Data Tools & Interfaces
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Media Products has been leading the digital media industry by constantly developing innovative features since its launch in April 2003. We are looking for a self starting, ambitious individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and with excellent written and oral communication skills. The candidate should have experience developing large data driven systems. The ability to be a good team player under tight deadline constraints in addition to ability to tackle problems with imaginative solutions is key to success in this position. We are seeking a highly experienced User Interface engineer to continue the development of an internal self-service data reporting & analytics tool relied upon by the majority of our organization. The existing UI will require some immediate tune-ups, then the job becomes an ownership and evolution role where you’ll collaborate with stakeholders, including operations and business teams, to define a roadmap and build out the future of this incredible tool. You should be the right engineer who wants to own something very meaningful that directly impacts a core group of customers, this is an opportunity that doesn’t come around often. If you’re passionate and creative while staying focused and curious we’ve got an exciting role for you.
- 5 to 10 years experience in software development
- Proficient with SOLR
- Proficient with Java and WebObjects
- Proficient with SQL, preferably against Oracle databases
- Proficient with GIT
- Detail oriented and dedication to quality
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to share/collaborate with peers
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Experience with UI build environments
- Familiar with NoSQL technologies for use with Hadoop, Cassandra, and SOLR/Lucene
- Familiar with various file formats typically used to exchange data between systems, from CSV and TSV, to XML and JSON.
- Familiar with various file formats typically used on HDFS, like Parquet, Avro, etc
- Familiar with Scala, Python and languages typically used for MapReduce
- Familiar with Tableau for data visualization.
In this role, you will enhance, maintain, and repair existing Data Browser User Interface based on Java, WebObjects, and SOLR. You will design a new replacement UI for Apple Media Products data, including much of the existing functionality from legacy UI plus new features for requested by business. Migrate over 17+ Apple Media Product content type data models from SOLR V2 on dedicated servers to self-service SolrCloud offering within Apple. Create a new front-end user interface to replace old, aging UI with limited scaling potential for current enormous data size. Your expertise in UI technology stacks and NoSQL data is required to make the replacement UI last several years. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.