Senior Engineering Manager, Siri International
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Come and join the team that teaches Siri how to understand and speak new languages. We are an extremely diverse and passionate group dedicated to bringing the future of intelligent assistants to the world. We are looking for an extraordinary Senior Engineering Manager capable of leading the design and delivery of Siri features for international markets. Beyond that, you’ll bring your best influencing skills to bear so that engineering teams throughout the Siri stack join your vision. Attention to detail and dedication to deliver high-quality, stable applications is critical. You need to exude strong collaboration skills, including the ability to mentor. Possess a strong passion to work in a growing, energizing environment of innovation, working with a creative team of talented engineers.
- Track record of running high-performance teams and demonstrated aptitude in managing complex engineering projects.
- Ability to mature a development organization through productive critique, evangelism, guiding, training, learning, and coaching; grow available resources to maximize both individual potential and group output.
- Dedicated, motivated, self-driven problem solver with strong cross-functional partnerships and leadership skills.
- Strong communication, both written and verbal, including the ability to work well with people from a wide range of backgrounds with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Solid understanding of the full development lifecycle, developing detailed technical designs, and implementation.
- Experience architecting and developing robust scalable system for international language, highly desirable.
- Experience or desire to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams with design, product, data science, and research partners.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, meticulous attention to detail and dedication to quality.
- 5+ years of experience in building and managing highly skilled teams of engineers.
- 7+ years of experience in architecting, designing and developing enterprise-grade scalable software.
Join Apple's Siri International team as a Senior Engineering Manager to deliver the best Siri experience around the world. We are involved in bringing innovative solutions to complex engineering issues, with an international flavor. From Speech Recognition to Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Big Data consumption all the way to Speech Synthesis. Be ready to architect and develop robust scalable systems for Siri international languages jointly with all these teams. Specific responsibilities include: * Working closely with the Siri NLP, Platform, Tools and International teams, in a multi-functional environment, to implement quality products that meet the business goals. * Lead the design of everything from core Siri architecture to engineering tools, user interactions and processes with international in mind. * Build ambitious engineering plans to achieve international excellence for Siri customers around the world. * Provide regular updates to organization groups as well as VP-level management.
Education & Experience
B.S or M.S. in Computer Science, Information Science, or equivalent experience.