Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
JOB SUMMARY: Join our Sensing and Connectivity WiFi team in driving the innovation and delivering seamless wireless connectivity and the best user experience which surprises and delights our customers. Our team works on Apple eco-system of devices that delivers upmost quality of wireless connectivity. If you are motivated, highly technical and passionate about WiFi and Networking technologies, this team can be your destination. You can join a dynamic quality assurance team, responsible for testing interoperability of all Apple products with WiFi routers and access points from vendors around the world.You will be delivering flawless WiFi connectivity for a magical user experience to our customers.WiFi Interoperability QA team works on state of the art Wireless Technologies and making sure that Apple Products are compatible.
- Understanding of any of the Wireless technology such as WiFi and ability to debug issues on the 802.11 Mac layer
- Strong programming or scripting language ( Python will be a plus ) , Automation background is a must
- Working knowledge of Unix, Mac, shell scripting, python and tools to debug them
- Strong understanding of QA methodology and Software Development Life-cycle
- Experience working in fast paced environments
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Identify issues with wifi/wlan and ability to repo customer issues in house - Ability to automate test cases and work on different automation Frameworks (mostly Python) - Define Complex Test cases exercising various features and coming up with creative ways to find bugs. - Building new test infrastructure and maintain them for automation setups - Design thorough test plans and document for new features - Find and isolate bugs, debugging,root cause analysis and determine their impact to the product or release - Conduct integration, regression, ad-hoc, livability and edge-case testing as part of our release cycle - Ensure that software releases provide an exceptional user experience and are high in quality.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in CS/EE or Masters is a Plus.