Maps Senior Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps is one of the world's largest mapping platforms, serving billions of requests each week. The platform supports not only the Maps app on the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, CarPlay, and Mac, but also many third-party apps used by millions of customers around the world. We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated individual to join the Maps Evaluations Engineering team. This position is responsible for delivering platform services to enable measurement of the success of Maps features across millions of devices. You will be tasked with designing and delivering highly scalable, highly available platform services for the Maps Eval group. In addition to being a strong software engineer, skills essential to this role include resourcefulness, high attention to detail, and being a great communicator and listener. The ideal candidate loves data and will dedicate his or her efforts to ensure we are collecting meaningful data to help continuously improve Maps.
- At least 5 years of experience in software development experience.
- Experience designing and developing high-volume, low-latency Web Applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and accomplish quantifiable objectives with a data-driven methodology.
- Provide technical leadership and domain expertise.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in designing and developing applications with RESTful APIs using Java and Java based frameworks.
- Web development experience using JS frameworks such as ReactJS or AngularJS preferred.
- Development experience in big data storage and processing technologies (Hadoop, Spark) preferred.
You will work across the organization, collaborating with statisticians, data scientists, other tools developers, product owners, engineering, operations, and management. Our products interact with many internal systems and are used by engineers and executives alike, making this a high-visibility team with lots of opportunity for collaboration.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus minimum of 5 years experience or MS degree plus minimum of 3 years experience.