Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a hardworking, dedicated, and results-oriented software engineer with a background developing optimization solvers. The successful candidate will drive the development and improvement of existing solvers as well as the design and implementation of state-of-the-art real-time optimization algorithms for autonomous systems.
- Experience developing numerical optimization solvers and mathematical programming/optimization algorithms.
- Excellent software developer. Highly skilled in C/C++. Experience in MATLAB and Julia preferred.
- Experience formulating linear, convex, and nonlinear optimization problems.
- Ability to work with a large interdisciplinary team on modeling complex engineering problems within an optimization framework.
- Experience implementing sparse/dense numerical linear algebra (e.g. LU and Cholesky factorizations).
- Track record of producing high-performance numerical software.
- Strong debugging and performance profiling skills.
- Strong written and verbal mathematical communication skills.
- Demonstrated creative, critical and independent thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills.
The successful candidate will design and develop runtime performance-critical code. You will dive deep into existing software to debug critical issues; find performance hotspots; and improve performance of the code. You will develop robust, execution-time critical software with an emphasis on planning for autonomous systems.
Education & Experience
B.Sc., M.Sc., or Ph.D. in Computational Mathematics, Controls, Computer Science, Operations Research ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS - Participate in an Agile development environment - Good communication skills and ability to work effectively cross team - Experience with model-predictive control algorithms is an advantage - Experience in embedded software development is plus - Experience with full software development lifecycle Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.