Hardware Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Are you ready to join our Wireless Architecture team? We have built the best wireless hardware design team on the planet. We’re looking for a hardworking individual to join our team. We support WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, and emerging technologies. As a Mixed Signal Hardware Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and verification of digital and power portions of wireless designs across all Apple products. The applicant should be familiar with computer system architecture and digital design. You will work dedicatedly with other cross-functional engineering groups responsible for other blocks in the system.
- - 5+ years industry experience required
- - Deep understanding of digital logic fundamentals including timing analysis, state-machine debug and/or RTL/test-bench development
- - Experience with high-speed memory systems and communication interfaces (eg. DDR, USB/HSIC, PCIe, MIPI)
- Good understanding of MAC + Protocol specifications for digital interfaces
- Experience in crafting tests to target specific portions of silicon designs and digital interconnects
- Hands on debug experience with usage of modern lab equipment (DSOs, Logic Analyzers, Protocol Analyzers)
- Good understanding of modern operating systems, multi-threaded systems, firmware and device drivers
- Experience in writing basic software routines and test scripts
- Familiarity with interpreting and navigating schematics and layout
- Strong desire to deep-dive system level issues and drive problems to closure in a team-based environment with a proactive attitude
Closely work with internal hardware, software and silicon teams to define system interconnects and power supplies. Implement in product schematics and layout. Closely work with internal hardware and silicon teams to bring-up, characterize (performance/power) and validate new digital interfaces + protocols Power supply application circuit design and validation, including load step response, ripple and accuracy, stability Work with external chipset vendors to develop successful integration and verification plans Position will require some international travel, 10-20%.
Education & Experience
BS EE or equivalent required; MS EE or equivalent preferred