Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Apple is looking for an employment attorney to join Apple’s Legal Department in Austin, Texas.
- 8+ years relevant legal experience
- Experience managing and completing complex projects
- Excellent knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations (including ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong client relation skills
- Experience working directly with management
- Sense of humor and commitment to professionalism
As Employment Counsel you will provide advice and counsel to management and Human Resource and Employee Relations professionals on a broad range of employment issues including: recruiting; hiring; employee relations; discipline and terminations; internal investigations; leaves of absence; wage and hour compliance; EEO compliance; restrictive covenants; and contingent worker issues. Additional responsibilities include facilitating employment law training and managing outside counsel on employment litigation matters.
Education & Experience
JD, excellent academic credentials and admitted to practice in Texas.