Data Visualization UI Engineer, Apple Media Products
San Francisco, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. It takes deeply dedicated, intelligent and hard-working individuals to maintain and exceed the high expectations for the exciting iPhone brand at Apple. The AMP (Apple Media Products) Analytics Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer to help build innovative dashboard and reporting tools that support our internal business and executive teams, so they can make efficient data driven decisions to grow our services businesses.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Ability to deliver consistent high quality results while working in a dynamic & fast paced environment
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to self-audit work
- Highly motivated and responsible for self-learning
- Very articulate communicator in both written and spoken contexts
- Experience in iterative development life cycles
- You will need extensive experience developing web based data tools including:
- HTML/CSS(less or sass)
- Front end frameworks such as Angular (preferably)/React/Vue
- Progressive mobile web apps.
- UI build systems (Webpack, Babel, angular cli, and Lernajs)
- Best practices for testing/QA
- Previous experience building tools & dashboards for engineering projects
- Enthusiasm for excellence across all disciplines
AMP Analytics Engineering provides data and reporting solutions to support our services businesses, and this position is focussed on building dashboards and analytics UI used by many different business teams. You'll have a chance to partner with our wider teams that use these dashboards, as well as participate in product decisions about how these tools should look and function. You should have a passion for data visualization, and turning complex data into clear information through dashboards. You'll also need to understand underlying data models and our data API. Previous exposure to big data, machine learning, and business analysis are also a plus. Daily responsibilities will be focussed on engineering our UI platform. The role requires someone who can interpret requirements, make informed design decisions and collaborate to deliver high quality finished products that conform to existing design patterns and utilize standard libraries and conventions.
Education & Experience
BS degree desired in related field or 5+ years of equivalent professional experience