IC Packaging Characterization Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you like to work on groundbreaking technologies that enable amazing new products? Do you have the attention for details and love for perfection to work towards an extraordinary result? We are looking for a talented and passionate IC Packaging Engineer to join our team. As part of the Packaging team you will focus on the characterization of Integrated Circuits (IC) packages and related materials. You will also be responsible for developing methodologies of IC packaging characterization, and trouble-shooting IC packaging-related yield and reliability issues.
- Hands-on experience of major mechanical design CAD tools, such as Siemens NX, AutoCAD, SpaceClaim, SolidWorks, etc.
- Hands-on experience of setting up equipment and data acquisition systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to present ideas, data and plans with high confidence at team meetings
- Hands-on experience of major material analysis and failure analysis tools (e.g., SEM, EDX, FIB, CSAM, etc.) is a huge plus.
- Knowledge of IC packaging process, reliability, qualification requirements, and key materials is a plus.
•Characterizing IC packages under various environmental and reliability testing conditions, such as mechanical loading, thermal and moisture stressing. •Characterizing key packaging materials and supervising material characterization activities at suppliers. •Developing characterization methodologies for IC packages and related materials, including setting up equipment and building proper fixtures for the test. •Working on trouble-shooting activities of packaging-related failures.
Education & Experience
•BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or related fields. MS or PhD degree is preferred.