Analytics UI Frameworks Engineer, Apple Media Products, Analytics Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
AMP Analytics Engineering team is looking for an engineer who will help onboard new engineering client teams to our analytics platform. Our platform is highly-performant and allows teams inside Apple to perform effective analyses of user behavior while protecting user privacy. Our team is developing frameworks and tools to collect user experience metrics from client applications. This data will be used to generate insights into customer experiences on products such as App Store, Apple Music, iTunes Store, Books, Podcasts, TV.
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Possess the leadership skills and gravitas to drive conversations with outside groups regarding analytics instrumentation
- Ability to understand the big picture while also being able to dive into technical details to solve problems
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Takes initiative to solve problems and improve product
- Great attention to detail
- Object-oriented design skills, coupled with a knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience working on a metrics or analytics system is a plus
The Apple Media Products (AMP) Analytics Engineering team provides a collection of services, frameworks and tools for collecting and aggregating application metrics. These metrics can be used to analyze user behavior, customer preferences, measure performance and improve software design. You will be working on a small team valuing cooperation and brainstorming, with an emphasis on design. You will be responsible for: • Facilitating the onboarding process for new client teams • Designing new pieces of functionality / architecture / API which requires deep understanding of existing analytics platform • Gathering cross-functional requirements and translating them into practical engineering tasks • Helping clients translate business / engineering requirements into instrumentation specifications that will be used by client engineers, analysts and QA • Collaboratively work with Privacy engineers to come up with creative solutions for protecting user privacy The position requires to know the analytics platform really well, be able to give an overview and answer any integration related questions. Program Managers who are interested in more technical hands-on work are welcome to apply.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred.