Mixed-Signal Methodology and Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple products. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist? As a member of Mixed-Signal design team, you will create and support innovative design methodology and customize and automate CAD flows for advanced Mixed-Signal IP designs. The design flows are used by multiple different IPs of multiple projects at multiple sites. Strong knowledge of Circuit Design entry and analysis tools / flows, Simulation CAD flows, custom analog EDA tools, UPF, scripting (TCL/Perl/Python). You will collaborate with RTL, circuits and timing design teams, CAD team, and EDA vendors.
- Typically requires 6+ years of industry experience in analog design flows and/or related CAD/automation support areas involving various technology nodes and tapeouts.
- Familiarity with Virtuoso Schematic Editor, Virtuoso Analog Design Environment (ADE), Virtuoso layout Editor, Customization of Virtuoso ADE Menus, Model Skew customization, netlist format variations.
- Familiarity with ADE Results access, Data Analysis, Waveform plotting, OCEAN scripting customization with different simulators is needed. Proficiency with spice simulators, including Spectre/APS/XPS, AFS(BDA), Hspice, NCSim, XA, etc.
- Familiarity of schematic design rules and checkers and domain crossing checks.
- Experience in evaluating simulation related CAD tool/product application, and driving EDA vendors to meet design requirements.
- Understanding behavioral models for analog/AMS circuits, experience in Verilog- AMS. Knowledge of PDK and spice models qualification.
- Familiarity of logic equivalency checks (e.g. spice vs. behavioral model)
- Knowledge and experience of hard IP view set creation and deliverables (liberty, EM/IR)
- Very efficient programming skills in languages like SKILL, Ocean, Perl, Python, TCL, Shell, etc. Ability to provide automation for rapid and dynamic design needs.
- We are looking for a self-motivated, dedicated problem solver. Strong interpersonal/communication skills are a requirement.
As a member of the Mixed-Signal Methodology team, you will be involved with all aspects of high performance PHY design from schematic to delivery of our final GDSII. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to: Provide innovative solutions to customize and improve quality and efficiency of mixed-signal design. Work with circuits, RTL, timing, and custom layout teams to implement and customize design flows that are optimal for different IPs. Provide documentation, training and new-user-support. Responsible for diagnosis, resolution, regression of reported problems. Assist in analog IP view set creation, analysis, QA, and integration flows. Develop checks and flows for Hard IP deliveries and for sign-off. Participate in establishing CAD and circuit design methodologies for correct by construction designs. Assist in flow development for chip integration.
Education & Experience
Master's or Ph.D. preferred in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science