Sr. Manager, Video Strategy and Business Development, Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for an experienced content strategist to play a key role in building the video content services of the future. This self-starter will focus on opportunities for Apple to extend and expand its global video businesses. Experience in, business planning, market analysis, content negotiation, pricing models, and executive presentation is a must. The ideal candidate will have a deep working knowledge of video distribution business models and content strategies and be able to translate that expertise into user growth and customer retention. This talented individual needs to bring a global perspective to the table, incorporating how different markets have adopted bespoke strategies ensuring Apple’s video services have the best chance at scale, engagement and customer satisfaction.
- 8+ years in the entertainment or related technology industry, with 4+ of those years doing relevant planning/licensing with a broadcaster, cable channel, TV station, streaming platform or studio
- Business development experience working with content providers
- Deep knowledge of the Media landscape and competitive entertainment offerings
- Precise attention to detail
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Comfortability working on tight turnaround timelines with thorough quality control
- Confidence presenting to executives
- Background in consumer research, data analytics a plus
Reporting to the Director of Video Content you will be tasked with helping design, optimize, launch, and test strategies across Apple’s video businesses. As businesses develop, you will constantly analyze ways to improve our approach and performance. The role requires pro-actively engaging with other teams, synthesizing and enhancing information from many sources, and ensuring the two-way flow of communication with key stakeholders in a fast paced and dynamic work environment. This high-profile role will be responsible for identifying and championing strategic opportunities, building a base of partnerships, and turning those opportunities into real businesses.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree required