Analytics Program Manager, Sales Finance
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is essential to upholding our global dedication to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have an important role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. We are looking for an outgoing professional with high analytical capacity, creativity, and strong interpersonal skills to support the Worldwide Sales Organization. You will play a crucial role within the Sales & Business Development Finance organization by supporting projects that span all of Apple Operations, Sales, Marketing and Corporate finance teams. This person would work in a range of capacities from supporting strategic planning, through portfolio management and governance, and down to supporting individual project requests for support. In addition, you will play a key role in the delivery of key programs which cut across the normal structure of the project delivery organization and are very high profile in nature.
- Deep understanding of project, program and portfolio planning and delivery to the level that they can set standards, propose policy and coach others.
- Strong history of end to end business processes of a large business and/or ability to learn quickly.
- The ability to bring structure to one’s own work and the work of others.
- Solid ability to personally deliver large scale initiatives under pressure, with high levels of complexity and ambiguity.
- Ability to communicate complex technical projects effectively to senior management
- Prior consulting experience with Big 4 Consulting Firms is desirable, but not required.
- Plus: Experience managing/influencing technical teams
- Plus: Experience with data analysis and data visualization
Key responsibilities include: Setting the standards and tools via which the Sales & Business Development Finance team completes its work. Partnering with key sales and sales finance leaders to understand their analytical needs, documenting and translating these needs into projects and key requirements Driving strategic alignment through multi-year road-maps. Owning execution at the portfolio level - reporting, cross portfolio impact assessment. Ongoing organizational development activities which need to be planned, scheduled and executed such as training programs, new joiner inductions, workshops, meetings. Defining governance structure across cross-functional and multi-tiered groups You may be called on to step into a critical program delivery role under pressure for a short window of time to assure the delivery of highly visible cross functional programs.
Education & Experience
- Passionate about driving quality within an organization, and will have a deep understanding of the incremental impact of improving the effectiveness of a large organization
- Ability to operate independently with conviction and drive teams to the right levels of quality in delivery even under pressure.
- Handle ambiguity in problem definition, have a good handle on business value and have the initiative to craft problems and projects so that they deliver maximum impact.