Engineering Manager, Video Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Video Applications group develops high-profile media creation applications used by millions of people. Our professional video applications, Final Cut Pro X, Motion, and Compressor, are state-of-the-art tools which creative professionals rely on for everything from broadcast news to feature films and nature documentaries. Our user base is passionate and loyal, and our products sit at the center of a rich partner ecosystem in a vibrant industry. The Video Applications group is looking for a hands-on technical engineering manager to lead content transcoding, packaging, and delivery within the Pro Video app suite. You will manage an engineering team, act as technical liaison for internal and external content delivery partners, and oversee technical strategy for related packaging and delivery technologies.
- 8+ years industry experience in software development, including previous experience as a lead.
- 3+ years experience as a software engineering manager.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels of engineers and managers.
- Experience managing technology partnerships
- AppKit and/or UIKit experience.
- Strong C++, Objective-C, and Cocoa programming experience.
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills are required.
- Prior experience in digital video is a huge plus.
The Pro Video team is responsible for Final Cut Pro X, Motion, and Compressor. As a leader, engineering manager and product owner you will work with a cross-functional team to define and develop the content transcoding, packaging, and delivery technology within the product suite, including responsibility for Compressor itself. You will be deeply involved in every phase of the product development cycle. You will work closely with design, business and product to define the features for upcoming releases. You will coordinate with internal and external partners to guide technology initiatives, adopt standards, and ensure a robust ecosystem of professional video products.
Education & Experience
BS/MS CS/CE or equivalent work experience