Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is seeking a Manager for the AppleTV Software Program Management team. This role will lead a team of engineering program managers responsible for feature definition and delivery of software releases and features for Apple TV. Our program managers partner closely with business and engineering teams to develop the roadmap, build new features, and ship software releases to our customers.
- 10+ years of professional experience in software product or project management.
- Proven experience in building and managing high performing teams and individuals
- Proven track record in managing and deploying large, complex programs
- Strong relationship management and facilitation skills both within diverse engineering teams and cross functional organizations
- Proven self-starter, who is pro-active and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities
- Great attention to detail and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Overall, a highly driven, results-oriented, problem solver who will drive programs to deliver value quickly to our customers
- Desired Experience:
- Understanding of hardware development lifecycle
- Understanding of image processing and networking technologies
- Understanding of how hardware and software interact
We are looking for a seasoned manager with a proven track record in program management. This is not just a people manager role, you will need to have hands on experience managing software features. You will develop tools and processes to gain efficiencies in the build, development, testing, and deployment lifecycle. You will drive technical discussions with stakeholders around the company to build new experiences for customers. The role requires a combination of product management, strong engineering background, and ability to build collaborative relationships across various teams in Apple. We are looking for someone who loves digging into details, building teams, and driving operational efficiencies under demanding timeframes. Of course, strong fundamentals are a must, but you have more. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the product you ship; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you manage risk; you need to know how things work; you work for the success of the entire PM team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgement; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team. This is a full time position, located at our Cupertino, California headquarters.
Education & Experience
Prefer a BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical field