Camera Driver Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's Camera Drivers team is looking for an exceptional engineer to drive state of the art technologies for Apple products. As part of the team you will work on core camera and machine learning technologies, including iOS/MacOS kernel drivers, and low-level camera control frameworks. You will have the chance to define the way that Apple develops, tests, and manufactures all of its products. Our close-knit team fosters an environment of product innovation, rapid product iteration, and collaboration at both the team, and multi-functional levels, with a liberating amount of autonomy.
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++
- 4+ years related driver development experience on Mac OS X, Windows, or Linux
- Excellent debugging, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of modern digital camera technologies, image sensors, and ISP pipelines
- Knowledge of image formats, video codecs, and color spaces.
- Experience in hardware/software co-simulation, and pre-silicon validation
- Experience with software performance analysis, optimizations and low-level programming
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
In this role you will: 1. Maintain existing iOS/MacOS drivers, and develop new drivers for future products, and camera technologies. 2. Be involved in ISP feature specifications, pre-silicon validation, silicon bring-up, API development, and tools creation. You will work with other teams to define features and communication protocols, and document the requirements clearly with implementation specifications. 3. Support products from the early development and prototyping phases, through to mass production. 4. Work on HW validation, and provide software support to factory testing. You will also implement features to support hardware testing and diagnosis. This is a highly multi-functional product development role, and you will work closely with various teams, like Silicon Design, Camera Hardware, QA, and the Media Frameworks team. The environment is dynamic, fast-paced and requires a self-starter attitude.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering