Battery Management System Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming exceptional products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. An excellent opportunity to work on the forefront of "Battery Management Technologies". As part of Battery Technology team, you will develop future battery technologies along with a highly talented team of engineers. The ideal individual will be well versed in this field, who has experience developing and commercializing robust battery management solutions for consumer, industrial, telecom or automotive products. Be a part of a team developing new class of algorithms, architectures and products to improve the utility of batteries.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in innovative and creative product development in battery management domain.
- Developed battery management solutions using latest embedded controllers and mixed signal peripherals.
- Experienced in developing ERS for battery management ICs or solutions
- Familiar with battery management algorithms and their interaction with HW, FW and systems.
- Experienced in mixed signal board level schematics designs with emphasis on interfacing with different types of ADCs, DACs and discrete power FETs and other components.
- Experienced in working with silicon teams to drive BMU (Battery management unit) level requirements and design compliance.
- Experienced in working with small technical teams to deliver creative product solutions consistently.
- Familiarity with detailed workings of different battery chemistries and their limitations.
- Familiarity with battery models and simulation tools like Matlab is a plus
•Works with battery and product side power management teams to develop requirements for new battery management solutions. •Defines roadmap for future battery product and algorithm directions. •Leads projects on new and creative battery product architectures and completes them in time for deployment into different product platforms. •Collaborates with internal and external teams to define and develop new algorithms. •Addresses limitations in current algorithms in energy and power availability among others for state of the art battery products. •Collaborates and acts as a front end liaison with system teams on high level power and energy management system architectures to arrive at optimal use of available energy in battery. •Tracks product development and identifies integration issues between different sub systems with respect to defined architecture. •Forms task teams and tracks them to robust closure.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD desired in Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Strong aptitude towards detailed and rigorous work emphasizing on simple and elegant designs for mass production. Strong presentation and leadership skills. Ability to develop reciprocal networks among peers and multi-functional teams quickly. Excellent written and verbal communication and social skills. Self-starter with excellent time management skills and visionary spirit. Relies on data to support technical decisions. Travel to suppliers and manufacturing facilities expected.