Apple Media Products - Commerce Data Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering team has a proud tradition of delivering state of the art products in a competitive marketplace. We seek to maintain a meaningful and rewarding environment where the best engineers and scientists can collaborate and produce real-world improvements in customers' online experience. You will solve problems unrivaled in scale and concept in the pursuit of new and creative features. We seeking a talented, experienced Applied Researcher/Data Scientist to work on high visibility projects that affect millions of customers globally. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are a self-motivated, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we're looking for you.
- Strong knowledge of coding practices and experience.
- Deep understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
- Experience of object oriented programming languages like Scala/Java.
- Experience of processing large-scale production-level data sets.
- Experience working in a large code base.
- Experience of building and running large-scale data pipelines.
- Experience with large scale data processing frameworks like Spark/Hadoop.
- Experience with low-latency big data stores, e.g. Cassandra, Voldemort or HBase.
- Highly self-motivated, results driven and data driven.
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail, data accuracy and quality of output.
- Familiarity with scalability and performance issues.
- Excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Experience in payment science is a plus.
The Apple Media Products Commerce Engineering team is looking for someone with a love for data. This position involves working on very large scale data mining, cleaning, analysis, deep level processing, machine learning or statistic modeling, metrics tracking and evaluation. The goal is to improve Apps Store/iTunes Store payment experience and engagement. You should have a passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems while being able to iterate quickly on all stages of data understanding and modeling to solve the real-world problems.
Education & Experience
MS in Computer Science or related field. PhD preferred.