Software QA Engineer - Video Apps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Video Applications QA team is looking for an expert software engineer to contribute to the production of our innovative tools for the moving image enthusiast. This position requires a highly self-directed individual with strong analytic skills, a passion for new technologies, and a burning desire to learn.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, methodical AND creative thinker committed to driving quality forward
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Inquisitive and persistent problem-solver
- Minimum of 5 years software engineering, with a minimum of 2 years in test automation.
- Strong knowledge of Unix, shell scripting, version control systems and object-oriented methodology is required.
- iOS and macOS familiarity preferred
- Video knowledge desirable
In this role, you will work collaboratively to define automation requirements, then develop, deploy and maintain test automation scripts for iOS and macOS applications. You’ll be responsible for monitoring and analyzing test automation results and reporting to stakeholders. You will use proprietary and publicly-available tools to implement and deploy tests, and to capture and monitor results. A deep understanding of testing methodologies and development strategies will be essential to quickly delivering reliable solutions and high-quality results. You must be effective and systematic at managing priorities, and communicating progress as well as risk. Your ongoing commitment to self-education in new technologies and methodologies will set you apart. This role requires to work closely with other team members to develop requirements, identify appropriate implementations and analyze results, as well as help improve tools and processes.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent Additional training in data analysis methodologies preferred, but not required