Senior Product Manager (Search Ads Marketplace)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in the App Store. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy! We are looking for a world-class Senior Product Manager to join the team and help build the next generation of marketplace algorithms and optimization tools. Are you looking for a technically challenging product management position? Do you get excited turning insights from large data sets into product improvements? We are searching for you with a proven track record of enabling cross-functional teams to deliver complex systems. You will need to understand the world of optimization systems development and data driven product management, orchestrate a product plan and schedule, then successfully manage execution from development to launch and continued optimization and operation of the product.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience building large scale forecasting, optimization or machine learning systems.
- Experience in web/mobile search or search advertising is required, particularly experience related to advertising serving or advertising performance prediction.
- Experience with localization and global product rollout.
- Experience managing products through the full life cycle: strategy, development, launch, optimization, sunset. Experience launching a v1 product is a plus.
- A track record of achieving significant and demonstrable results on complex projects.
- Experience working with large datasets and building systems on top of large datasets.
- Working knowledge of Python, R, SAS or other scripting or statistical programming language necessary for analyzing large datasets is a plus.
- Knowledge/experience with machine learning, information retrieval
- Strong background in the mobile advertising industry, with experience shipping enterprise-scale web-based products
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
Accountable for advertising performance prediction and ad-serving optimization product capabilities, features, and SLAs. Collaborate with business partners to understand business direction, customer needs, product structure and requirements. Define, prioritize and deliver marketplace product roadmap and product features based on business requirements. Measure resulting outcomes and continuously optimize future initiatives. Defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with business project teams, senior management and key team members. Overseeing the development, delivery and deployment of the solution This role involves a fair amount of hands-on data analysis on big datasets
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics or related areas.