Camera System Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The camera system architecture team initiates & fosters deep collaboration between all cross functional teams involved in delivering final camera performance and features. This is true for any Apple product, from the hardware level through to the user facing applications. The end goal is to successfully tie in highly optimized camera hardware solutions with state of the art software providing market leading imaging experiences. Apple is seeking an energetic and highly motivated Camera System Architect to drive future camera hardware requirements that meet product vision, including considerations for feature requirements, ISP & silicon capabilities, power budgets, optical & mechanical design requirements and solution cost. The ideal candidate would have the capabilities required to perform detailed system analysis and tradeoff evaluations while pushing boundaries in this wide technology space with the goal of arriving at the most optimal solution.
- Strong communication, persuasion and negotiation skills in addition to being comfortable with working through ambiguities
- Detailed understanding of mobile imaging systems & module designs (image sensors, optics, mechanics, auto-focus, optical image stabilization, assembly processes, etc)
- Good knowledge of state of the art ISP data-flows and processing blocks
- Experience with modern imaging algorithms such as HDR, super resolution, image fusion, multi-camera registration, etc
- Working knowledge of imaging system simulations and evaluation of simulation results
- Good understanding of image quality metrics and image quality evaluation
- Strong verbal communication skills across organizations and at the executive level
- Excellent written skills for clear reporting of data analysis and conclusions
This role requires working closely with camera HW, ISP and algorithm design teams creating proposals for future Apple imaging solutions. Guide design studies for imaging system proposals, mapping to system requirements and performance goals. Analyzing system simulations to quantify proposals and designs. Creatively influence product roadmaps across groups. Delivering executive level presentations based on solid facts and detailed analysis. Collaborate on prototyping efforts for early evaluation where necessary. Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.
Education & Experience
Education MS, or PhD in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Imaging Science or equivalent