Silicon Validation Hardware Engineer - Board Design
Portland, Oregon, United States
As a member of the Silicon Validation Hardware team you’ll be essential to enabling the next generation of incredible Apple products. This position involves a wide range of activities including high-speed embedded system designs that push the limits of technology, designing and implementing test and characterization circuits in the lab, and debugging complicated system level problems. You’ll work closely with designers from many groups within Apple and be a key contributor to the silicon engineering effort.
- You have broad experience with high-speed, high-power, embedded system design
- Experience defining routing constraints for high-speed interfaces
- Design and analysis of power supplies as well as power integrity analysis
- Excellent signal integrity analysis and measurement techniques
- CPU/SOC/Micro-controller system architecture expertise
- Proficiency with all standard hardware lab equipment including scopes, logic and spectrum analyzers, signal generators, eLoads, protocol analyzers
- Test automation expertise using Perl/Tcl/Python
- Board level analog and digital circuit design expertise
- HDL experience is a plus
- Embedded System Design - Developing specifications based on requirements from all end users - Schematic capture, circuit design, defining routing constraints, layout review and simulation - FPGA and CPLD development - Lab bring-up, test, and debugging - Power and signal integrity analysis - High-speed interface characterization - Debugging system level issues - Resolving system level issues related to silicon validation and characterization
Education & Experience
BS / MS / Ph.D in EE is required.