Senior Software Engineer (Content)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
From our roots revolutionizing the music industry, the App Store has grown to encompass not only music, but also audiobooks, e-books, TV, movies, the iOS App Store, the Mac App Store, and more. All of this content requires a best-in-class, large-scale, automated content ingestion system and digital asset repository in order to be expertly delivered from content providers and prepared for distribution to customers. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 5+ years experience developing high transaction volume applications in Java.
- Experience with server-side systems and service-oriented architectures.
- In-depth experience with object-oriented design and programming.
- Proficiency with relational data modeling and SQL.
- Exposure to NoSQL databases is preferred.
- Proficiency working with XML and/or JSON.
- Familiarity with messaging, queuing, and workflow systems is a plus.
- Ability to work with incomplete requirements, to interacting directly with partners, to thrive in multi-functional teams on critical projects, and to juggle multiple priorities.
In particular, on this team, you will participate in crafting and implementing support for ingestion, automated curation, and management of content to support customer-facing features of the App Store. You will build APIs and services to vend content to customer-facing storefront applications, as well as other systems at Apple. We are looking for a self starting, high-energy individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and with excellent written and oral skills. Besides purely technical aspects, ability to interact directly with the partners, and deduce the technical requirements for a project based on fragmentary business input is very important. You should have: - Experience developing large-scale web-based applications using Java and other object-oriented languages. - Familiarity with XML & JSON technologies, database modeling skills, and object-relational mapping experience are also strongly desired. - Experience with large data repositories and digital media formats for audio, video, and/or e-books is also helpful. The ability to be a good teammate under deadline constraints in addition to ability to take on problems with forward-thinking solutions is key to success in this position. This is a rare opportunity to join the Apple App Store team. In many ways, Apple App Store is the beating heart at the center of Apple’s product offerings. Very few teams have the breadth of involvement in Apple’s product pipeline across the board as that exercised by this team's transformation of content.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies Strong written and oral communication skills Collaborative, team-oriented attitude