Senior Software Development Engineer in Test - Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple seeks an extraordinary senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to drive validation efforts for a highly complex software project. The SDET is a technical software engineer experienced in building test plans and writing software applications to automate testing of software features and data. The Apple Maps Service Evaluation team includes competencies in data science, statistics, geospatial analysis, computer vision, and deep learning. The team is responsible for reporting on the quality of base map, POI, traffic, satellite imagery, flyover, cartography, and map tiles. Come define the best ways to acquire actionable insights into where and how we have the most opportunities for improving Apple customer experience around the world. You will partner with data engineering, human judgement/rating, analytics infrastructure, and tools teams to architect, implement, and use applications, pipelines, and dashboards that evaluate and quantify product quality. We're looking for skilled and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
- You should have 8+ years experience in software engineering or testing.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages. Python, Scala, Java or C++.
- Familiarity with Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, Elastic Search and Groovy is very helpful.
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, algorithms, data structures and testing methodologies.
- Good collaborative, negotiating, documentation and presentation skills.
You will be responsible for analyzing software requirements, building test plans, developing test code, and reporting results. You will work closely with data scientists to create processes, techniques, and tools for examining petabytes of map data for correctness and completeness. You will also coordinate with teams developing new software features to assess the status of suppporting data and project risk from the data perspective. You will design new process for sampling ground truth to provide metrics on existing map data. In this engaged in authoring test plans, negotiating achievements along with coding technical solutions.
Education & Experience
Masters in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related field. Advanced degrees are preferred but not required.
- Excellent written communication skills as documenting test plans is a major component of this role. Experience in computer vision, machine learning or deep learning applications is desireable. Experience with geospatial operation or geometrical math is of great value.