eCommerce Catalog Operations Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple Online Store is seeking a dynamic, web savvy content operations professional to join the Digital Content Management (DCM) Production team. A large and highly collaborative execution group, the numerous teams within DCM work together to deliver the extraordinary online shopping experience expected from Apple. We work hard and have a good time doing it. As a Catalog Operations Specialist with the DCM Production team, you will be responsible for updating and maintaining our product catalog across multiple online platforms and apps worldwide. All products featured and sold on the Apple Online Store are setup and led by the DCM Production team. From product launches to marketing campaigns, major feature changes to daily product updates, your work will directly impact the experience for millions of Apple customers across the world who visit the Apple Online Store every single day. The ideal candidate will have a strong e-commerce background with experience updating and maintaining a complex product catalog or inventory system, and be comfortable navigating and organizing large data sets. You are extremely detail oriented, structured and strategic in your approach, and comfortable with change and uncertainty in a dynamic work environment. You will work as part of a large, tight-knit team, ensuring high quality results while meeting ambitious deadlines
- 3-5 years of experience in e-commerce, technology, operations, and/or retail inventory management.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with online catalog and content management systems involving large, structured data sets.
- Confidence in creating and handling complex database structures and queries.
- A real passion for organization and maintaining data integrity.
- A quick, flexible learner with the ability to handle ambiguity and constant change.
- A reliable teammate who is able to collaborate closely within a large and diverse team.
- Extremely detail oriented and meticulous in their work.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to see the big picture in day-to-day duties.
- Ability to remain calm and composed in the face of aggressive deadlines and increased complexity.
- Able to accommodate flexible work schedule during critical business periods.
- Exhibits high degree of ownership and accountability.
- Strong communication skills.
- Foreign language fluency is a plus.
The Digital Content Management team maintains and manages all customer facing content on the Apple Online Store as well as the Apple Store App. As a Catalog Operations Specialist, you will work primarily with our Product Catalog to setup and maintain product data and attributes for everything sold on the Apple Online Store. You will work in a number of internal content and data management systems and be expected to maintain clean, accurate, well-organized product information, while executing on complex marketing and product launch plans across the Apple Online Store globally. Day-to-day duties include the creation and publishing of new products and pages, while running multiple versions of product and image assets across a multitude of languages and customer segments. You will be expected to actively validate your own work, maintaining the highest level of quality in everything that you do. You will also help the team to identify and drive ways to continuously improve upon production processes as you collaborate with the various functions both within and external to DCM. Other responsibilities include support, testing, and implementation of tooling and system features, creation and maintenance of documentation, and training fellow DCM Production Specialists.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree, or equivalent