Depth Hardware Laser Safety Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love tackling big challenges that require exceptionally creative solutions? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- This role requires ability to learn and explore new areas quickly and take responsibility for project success amid high ambiguity. Ability to work/lead/communicate in a highly matrixed/dynamic environment is a requirement. Ideal applicant will have direct experience in 4-5 of the areas listed below and have some knowledge of the others.
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Design Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (D-FMEA) of complex systems.
- Laser safety classifications and specifications (IEC 60825-1 etc.).
- Hardware/software fail-safe mechanisms design.
- High volume manufacturing of consumer electronics (optical preferred).
- Expertise in manufacturing statistics/ Monte Carlo.
- Optical simulation tools such as Matlab, LightTools, etc.
- Design, setup and conduct complex optical experiments.
- C++, C#, Mat Lab, JMP or Python programming for equipment control, automated data collection and analysis.
- Strong training in physics and analytical thinking.
The Depth Hardware group at Apple develops depth-sensing hardware such as the revolutionary True-Depth camera that powers FaceID. This multi-disciplinary group of engineers are responsible for architecture, research, and manufacturing development of these highly complex sensing systems for Apple products. The Depth Hardware team is seeking a Depth Hardware Laser Safety Lead for enabling laser safety for laser based optical modules for depth applications.
Education & Experience
Degree in Physics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering 5+ years of industry experience in development and high volume deployment of electro-optical modules