Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, excellent ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- We would like for you to have In-depth understanding of data structures and algorithms
- We are looking for experience in designing and building dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data
- Database development experience with Relational or MPP/distributed systems such as Oracle/Teradata/Vertica/Hadoop
- We are seeking programming experience in building high quality software in Java, Python or Scala preferred
- Experience in designing and developing ETL data pipelines. Should be proficient in writing Advanced SQLs, Expertise in performance tuning of SQLs
- You will demonstrate excellent understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Self-driven, highly motivated and ability to learn quick
- Experience with or advance courses on data science and machine learning is ideal
- Work/project experience with big data and advanced programming languages is a plus
- Experience developing Big Data/Hadoop applications using java, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Kafka, and Map Reduce is a huge plus
Apple's Global Business Intelligence (GBI) team is seeking a Data Engineer to join a team focusing on building solutions for data privacy controls and features. The team member will build high quality, scalable and resilient solution that power apple's analytics platform and data pipelines to meet data privacy standards. Apple's Enterprise Data warehouse system cater to a wide variety of real-time, near real-time and batch analytical solutions. We use a diverse technology stack such as Teradata, HANA, Vertica, Hadoop, Druid, Kafka, Spark, and Cassandra and beyond. Designing, Developing and scaling these big data technologies are a core part of our daily job. RESPONSIBILITIES - Demonstrate strong emotional intelligence to understand people, and their perspectives. Should have willingness to collaborate in cross functional team setup. This would be a top priority. - Analytical mindset to understand data, business needs, and come up with engineering solutions that scale to answer broad problems across the organization balancing complexity and simplicity. - Provide ongoing proactive communication and collaboration throughout the organization. - Design and build highly scalable solution using Apple internal frameworks built on Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, Teradata and many other industry standard frameworks. - Innovate and drive business process improvements. - Software engineering mindset with ability to write elegant, maintainable code, and follow engineering best practices. - Extend support to production support, framework and platform teams in exigent situation and when required.
Education & Experience